Additional WordPress Tips.
Don’t forget to hit ‘Update’ as often as you can. Without it, you may lose all of your hard work.
Changing your Password
- In the Administration Screen, menu, go to Users > All Users.
- Click on your username in the list to edit
- In the Edit User screen, scroll down to the New Password section and click Generate Password button.
- If you want to change the automatically generated password, overwrite it in a new password in the box provided. The strength box will show how good (strong) your password is.
- Click the Update User button.
Adding New Users to your WordPress Site
- In the media tab, scroll over current media files and click on edit, taking you to a page with cropping options.
Adding New Pages
- Click or hover over the “Posts” tab and click “Add New”
Adding Media to Posts
- To add media to a new post, click on the “add media” button on the “Add New” page
- To add media to existing posts, go to the “All Posts” tab and then hover over the post you want to add media to in order to display an “Edit” button.
Adding or Deleting Pages
- To add a new page go to the “pages” tab and click on “add new.”
- To delete a page go to the pages tab and hover over the different pages to reveal a “trash” button. Click the “trash” button.
Putting Pages on the Website Menu
- Go over to the Appearance tab and click “Menus”
- On the menus/appearance tab, there will be a “Pages” drop down box on the left side of the page. Click the drop down box, check the pages you want to add to the menu, then click “Add to Menu.”
- Adding these pages will automatically make them tabs at the header of your website/blog
- To make a page a sub-item of a page, you must drag a page to the right under the page you want it to be a sub-item of. This will then give you a drop down on the website when scrolling over the page.
How to Set a Homepage
- Go over to the “Settings” tab and click “Reading.”
- Under “Front Page Displays” on the Settings/Reading tab, change the front page displays from “your latest posts” to “A static page” which you can then pick below on the drop down.
Adding a Theme
- Under the appearance tab, click on “Themes”
- Click on “Add New” and then click “Install” and then “Activate”