digital marketing manager - paid marketing
Experience in Paid Marketing Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Google Ads, Bings Ads
Experience in the development of marketing campaigns, defining metrics of performance, reporting and adjusting tactics to goals defined
Organic social media experience, developing engagement and followers for brands
Experienced in Local Marketing services
OVERVIEW: The Paid Marketing Manager position is a full-time position, working with our Online Marketing Team, Copywriters, Project Managers, Strategists, Development Team Members, Designers and Programmers. This person is focused on managing multiple paid digital marketing campaigns across multiple industries.
Candidates must have strong written and verbal skills. Additionally, this position requires advanced experience with researching, coordinating, developing, posting and monitoring paid marketing campaigns, both search and social.
SUMMARY of the JOB: This position is best suited for a candidate with prior online marketing experience. The Paid Marketing Manager should possess a firm grasp of the primary online marketing strategies: SEO, paid search, social platforms, content marketing, targeting, and retargeting. Additionally, this team member should have a working knowledge of the paid search and paid social platforms and campaigns. Excellent communication and research skills are essential to the success of this position. The Paid Marketing Manager must have the ability to work across multiple accounts on a daily basis, efficiently organizing workflows and delivering on deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build relationships with creative teams and key stakeholders
- Responsible for managing and implementing successful paid search and paid social campaigns, demonstrating revenue goals, efficiency and volume
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams as needed to estimate budgets and volumes for prospective client proposals
- Audit search, display, and social efforts of potential clients and provide insight as to how ROI can be increased
- Responsible for the paid budget allocation and planning
- Responsible for paid social setups
- Research and analyze appropriate potential social media platforms to advertise on
- Competitor research to support keyword and other demographic research
- Understand and manage creative campaigns to improve ad performance and quality CTRs
- Ensure proper conversion points are set up for each client
- Work with Designers or Developers to optimize landing pages for optimum quality scores and create branding of banners, etc. for key data capture
- Responsible for bid management, keyword research and specific country targeting. Optimize campaigns with text for ads, etc.
- Ensure evaluation and tracking is in place to monitor campaigns
- A/B testing setup and tracking
- Identify opportunities to grow leads and improve profitability of campaigns
- Understand display advertising on new networks
- Consult on landing page optimization and testing recommendations for campaigns
- Work directly with marketing managers to communicate results and opportunities within paid search and display efforts to the client
- Remain current with industry trends while continually leveraging new tools and industry best practices to boost efficiency of campaigns.
- Prioritize across dozens of opportunities focusing on the most productive tasks
- Contribute to campaign performance reports, using data to tell stories, and provide actionable insights for team members as well as clients
Additionally, the Paid Marketing Manager assists in developing and executing the strategies for Site Strategics’ and Edge Media Studio’s own properties.
Administration & Other
- Passion for online marketing and paid marketing campaigns
- Thrives on results-driven success
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Keep up to date with PPC, social advertising, and search industry developments
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate strategies for clients, in agency roles
- Project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Analytical and critical attention to detail
- Experience in account management, client relationship building and presenting findings
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities initially.
JOB COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans and budgets; with the Operations Manager, coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress clearly and concisely to clients.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates constructively in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning and Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; assists in organizing or scheduling other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Google Adwords Certified across multiple networks
- Google Analytics Certified
- Bing Certified
- Proven track record of using biddable media to acquire, engage, and nurture users throughout the funnel; Program management skills with attention to detail
- Proven track record of paid social campaigns and experience delivering ROI for clients
- Experience with Google Display Network, including remarketing and contextual advertising
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.S. /B.A.) from a four-year college or university in the areas of marketing, advertising, communications, English, business administration, project management, computer science, information technology, or a related-field; Minimum of three years managing a high volume of PPC campaigns or subsequent budgets; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES and/or REGISTRATIONS: A valid Indiana driver’s license is required for this position.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Incumbent must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. In addition, the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, prospects and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Incumbent must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Incumbent must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Incumbent must have most of the following proficiencies:
- Experience with Google Display Network, including remarketing and contextual advertising
- Proven track record of similar PPC role or PPC campaign management, and can demonstrate improving performance and ROI
- Experience with natural search planning and implementation
- Experience with Bing Advertising Network
- Experience using social media advertising platforms
- Experience implementing minor coding changes on WordPress websites
- Sound SEO knowledge
- Google Analytics and advanced Adwords Editor knowledge
- Deep experience using keyword research tools
- Advanced Excel and experience using agency-level PPC campaign management platforms
- Experience setting up and using Google Tag Manager
- Must stay current and maintain industry knowledge, trends etc. in digital space
Incumbent must have the ability to travel domestically, as required by the position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; sit; stoop or squat; and taste or smell. The employee occasionally will climb or balance; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.