jobs at site strategics
search engine optimization (SEO) specialist
- Proficiency in Advanced SEO Techniques
- Continual Learning Mindset
- Demonstrable experience in Featured Snippet and key SERP success
The SEO Specialist will be responsible for various internet marketing activities, including organic search campaign development, search engine optimization, on-page optimization, and performance analysis and reporting. He/She must possess exceptional hands-on technical SEO knowledge, as well as client communication skills. SEO Specialists must have superior analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills as they will be expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously under strict timelines.
- Set and execute strategies to improve the organic rankings and search traffic
- On-site optimization related to page titles, URLs, redirects, internal link structures, SEO Copy Editing, sitemaps review/maintenance
- Keyword research to identify and discover new targeting keywords and explore content strategy
- Monitor, track, and analyze ranking performance on an ongoing basis, and optimize SEO campaigns as necessary
- Manage & report SEO performance and optimization efforts on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis
- Work with a team to develop and execute site migration, content, and redirect strategies for large and complex websites
- Keep abreast of the latest SEO tools and techniques and communicate learnings to non-SEO experts in a mentoring role
- Skilled in competitive analysis and identifying strategies to facilitate our clients in reaching the top of their industry
- Collaborate with different teams, such as website management, web analytics, business intelligence, content, UI design, branding/PR and engineering team on execution of projects
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations on the structure of websites and web pages
- Website maintenance for existing and new clients
- Website edits on existing client websites
- Minimum of five (5) years of SEO experience and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent time management and communication skills required
- Tactical/Technical implementation experience in working with multiple complicated sites and migration of sites
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Search Console tools
- Experience working with technical SEO tools such as SEMRush and Moz
- Experience setting up, optimizing, and creating internal site search strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or other related field preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities initially.
Job Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans and budgets; with the Operations Manager, coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress clearly and concisely to clients.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates constructively in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning and Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; assists in organizing or scheduling other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Other Skills and Abilities: Incumbent must have most of the following proficiencies:
- Experience with natural search planning and implementation
- Experience using social media advertising platforms
- Experience implementing minor coding changes on WordPress websites
- Sound SEO knowledge
- Google Analytics and advanced Adwords Editor knowledge
- Deep experience using keyword research tools
- Advanced Excel and experience using agency-level PPC campaign management platforms
- Experience setting up and using Google Tag Manager
- Must stay current and maintain industry knowledge, trends etc. in digital space
Education And/Or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.S. /B.A.) from a four-year college or university in the areas of marketing, advertising, communications, English, business administration, project management, computer science, information technology, or a related-field; Minimum of three years managing a high volume of PPC campaigns or subsequent budgets; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses And/Or Registrations: A valid Indiana driver’s license is required for this position.
Language Skills:Incumbent must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. In addition, the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, prospects and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Incumbent must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Incumbent must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Incumbent must have the ability to travel domestically, as required by the position.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; sit; stoop or squat; and taste or smell. The employee occasionally will climb or balance; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full-time members at Site Strategics enjoy some of the following perks:
- 401k with company match
- Paid stipends for medical insurance premiums
- Excellent holiday schedule and unlimited PTO
Diversity & Inclusion
At Site Strategics, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Site Strategics is an equal opportunity employer that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.