jobs at site strategics
- Site Strategics is an established Indianapolis, Indiana Internet Marketing, Website Design & Development firm seeking an experienced web designer and developer to add to our team.
We are looking for individuals who love a challenge, can easily jump from one project to the next, possess excellent time management skills and show enthusiasm about new online technologies.
- Provide user-centered design expertise from concept to delivery
- Envision and design images for web sites and email marketing campaigns
- Adapt to design & advertising tactics with knowledge of the latest in digital marketing trends and software to remain relevant in this competitive industry
- Website Management
- Website Development
- Website Maintenance
- Site Speed Optimization
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Website Monitoring
- Turn custom .psd & Adobe XD designs into fully responsive and lightweight WordPress themes.
- Develop partial theme customization on projects with parallel development efforts.
- Customize WordPress functions, custom fields, and write unique plugins for client specific applications.
- Design, develop and extend custom WordPress solutions to support unique client needs.
- Customize WP Admin for data input and leverage third-party plugins (Such as ACF).
- Strategize and perform data migrations from other web platforms onto WordPress.
- Provide end-user WordPress technical support, instruction, and troubleshooting.
- Perform routine updates to WordPress core, plugins, and other dependencies.
- Monitor and analyze existing sites for opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary project stakeholders to ensure requirements are being met.
- Test all new and existing sites for performance, scalability and browser compatibility.
- Ensure compliance with all coding standards and web accessibility.
- Stay up to date on the latest community trends and make recommendations to the team.
- 5+ years of experience as a web designer and programmer
- Bachelor’s degree
- WordPress Customization Experience
- Responsive Website Development Experience
- Mobile Website Development
- Email Template Development
- Search Engine Optimization Experience/Knowledge
- UI/UX Knowledge
- Programming Languages:
- Software Experience
- Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrated knowledge of usability and user-centered design
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well as a member of a team and on your own
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities initially.
JOB COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans and budgets; with the Operations Manager, coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress clearly and concisely to clients.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates constructively in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning and Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; assists in organizing or scheduling other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.S. /B.A.) from a four-year college or university in the areas of marketing, advertising, communications, English, business administration, project management, computer science, information technology, or a related-field; Minimum of three years managing a high volume of PPC campaigns or subsequent budgets; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES and/or REGISTRATIONS: A valid Indiana driver’s license is required for this position.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Incumbent must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. In addition, the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, prospects and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Incumbent must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Incumbent must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Incumbent must have the ability to travel domestically, as required by the position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; sit; stoop or squat; and taste or smell. The employee occasionally will climb or balance; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full-time members at Site Strategics enjoy some of the following perks:
- 401k with company match
- Paid premiums on Medical, Dental, Vision benefits (with a monthly employee contribution)
- Excellent holiday schedule
Diversity & Inclusion
At Site Strategics, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Site Strategics is an equal opportunity employer that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.